Monday, November 27, 2006

Sore throat

Did my long run in the drizzle yesterday and now I have a sore throat and I feel like my body is in the process of fighting off some lurgy or another.

Even though I've lived here for a good 10 years I have little immunity to the colds and viruses that go around they seem to knock me around some, that is, more so than the locals.

Also every time I get something here it seems to come along with a sore throat. I don't think that was always the case in Australia.

Anyway, I'm pretty fit at the moment so I hope I can fight this one off.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to see your not well there.
    You were probably already sick before the run though and it just let it take hold as you were "rundown"

    Rest and relax for a few days rather than prolong it with hard training.

    Cheers "doctor" R2B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck fighting the bug Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a subscriber to the "cold doesn't give you colds, viruses give you colds". It might be too late for you, but I find 1000 mg of Vitamin C a day delivered in a couple of doses can help ward off bugs. Garlic is also supposed to be good and they have that Ninniku Ukon(?) drink in a small gold-coloured bottle-can. You might give it a try.

    Do you run with a Japanese club or anything? Have you noticed how as soon as it starts spitting most Japanese runners will back out of running plans? Meanwhile us silly gaijin have been known to get caught running with bloody thunder and lightning cracking around our heads (we started thinking the storm had already passed over).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, you will only fight it off if you actually take some time off and REST.

    So quick...go on and lie down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is 'gaijin' Japanese for foreigners?

    So many people, so many viruses! We're lucky - we can toss a cow pat down the main street of most cities and not hit anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Ewen san

    It is Japanese for foreigner.
    Throw a cow pat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remind me never to live in the same city as Ewen.

    Hope you get well soon.


    PS Meant to say I share the same birthday as Gandhi so I've always felt a bit of a connection :-)

    ReplyDelete