Thursday, October 05, 2006

Early vs Late

Back to running 5 days instead of 4 as I've been doing for the past couple of months and decided to take the advice of another blogger and try an early run before work. So I was up at 4:30 and just did a slow jog for 40 mins.

Last year I was doing just about all my running early, but recently doing them either during the day or later at night. My preference is for the early runs for no other reason than I'm sure to get the run in if I do it in the morning, but sometimes the late run will get bumped due to other commitments.

What is your preference and why?

4 comments:

  1. My preference is definitely NOT getting up at 4:30am ;-) But I do prefer mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waking up at 4.30 to run becomes only in the great hour to enjoy running, when you love it of course. But I still prefer just mornings as 2p says.
    I prefer mornings for the reason you just described. Besides I have too much energy to go to bed early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In summer, I prefer mornings for very long runs, but no earlier than 7am!

    Natuarally, I'm an afternoon runner - the ancient injuries have settled by then. Also, our track sessions are 'after school'.

    I liked your "Honest sport" post Scott. Tough conditions in training should be welcomed.

    ReplyDelete