Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Building


Well I've managed to organise a good plan for building up mileage before the Tokyo marathon. It looks like I can get in enough Ks in the next 4 weeks to give me the confidence that I can finish reasonably strong and crack it for a PB.

Now if only my dodgy ankles hold up I'll be fine. I ran 90mins today and my ankles were a bit sore the right one that is usually no problem started to give me some grief but there were patches in the run where they both went numb and I could cruise.

I won't run injured but if I listened too closely to my aches and pains I probably wouldn't run at all.

4 comments:

  1. Aches and pains are often present, don't even think that means you are injuried!
    How exciting your marathon is close! You were lucky enough get a place on it, now time to enjoy being there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the greatest skills a runner can have - the ability to determin if an injury can be run through, or if it just needs a day or two off, or, touch wood, longer.

    Good luck in reading your ankles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope those ankles hold up- I have just started physio for mine, but I am not trying to run a marathon on mine- half will do me just fine! Lots of ice etc works for me. (oh and hiding the pain with anti inflam tablets!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be worried I was dead if I didn't have some sort of a niggle :-)

    ReplyDelete