Saturday, May 22, 2010

A LITTLE MORE ACTION



Satisfy me

Wow! Really wow!! Just had a run that was like no other I've ever had!!! Hence the unscheduled post. Friday night after a long week at work and a longer week of high mileage I thought I'd just fit in a quick slow 10K to wrap up the week and...

Started out feeling like shit. Basically hobbling the first K but by 3kms into the run I was feeling loose and when this song, the one I've uploaded, came on my Ipod I was cruising. I was running into traffic, people coming off the Friday night train, and I felt like I was floating, really very strange! No effort but I was flying for 2K at least! Really the best I've ever felt running. What was that? The song? My fatigue causing the high? I don't know but, I do know that even if you feel like death warmed up give your run a chance, don't not go for a run because some of the best runs I've ever had came on the days I first felt I couldn't take another step!

Elvis rules!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. If it's that good, I've gotta try it out for myself one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting.... Your run, and the video, too. Videos with people dancing are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i REMEMBER READING THAT PHIL ANDERSON [ the great Aussie tour de france rider from the 80's] say that his best races sometimes came from days when he started the race feeling like shit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finish a 24K run and it was pain from start to finish!

    Some Days Are Diamonds (Some Days Are Stones).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HkF1Z0pbJw&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you are talking about Scott. i think it happened to me once..or was I just dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott, that's a great tip. Even if feeling like death warmed up, just start the run and see how you go.

    Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It works all the time. Snap! Friday I felt blah and had my best run for 15 months. No-one knows how they are going to go until they give it a go.

    ReplyDelete