Sunday, November 18, 2012

One week out Osaka marathon. Slight Hiccups.

The following a very funny clip and how I've been feeling all weekend!



One week now until my goal marathon. The last week I've had a few problems, not what I wanted or expected, with the taper. Firstly mileage has been cut right down. Had a couple of Marathon Pace runs but nothing more than 15K on any one day last week. I've been trying to nurse my groin strain and hopefully I've seemed to have fix that.

The other problem that caught me off guard and knocked me out all weekend was a severe bout of dehydration! Saturday I thought I was coming down with a virus, had diarrhea and an achey body. By lunchtime I had a splitting headache and stomach cramps and couldn't get out of bed! Wife called it as dehydration and had actually been telling me to drink more for the last two weeks or so (note listen to you wives).

Anyway just damn lucky it was this week and not next, otherwise I wouldn't of been able to run the marathon. Really so stupid to let this happen. Hopefully my lack of running recently, I haven't run for two days, won't hinder my performance next week. I'm still confident of a fast one just have to get to the line healthy. Easier said than done.

Thankfully the weather looks like it will be perfect, sunny 7 to 13 degrees! Don't think I've ran a flat course major marathon when it wasn't raining, so really looking forward to it. I'll do one more video blog post before the day. Talk to you then.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we wives are incredibly wise people (except when PMS strikes and then it's hormones all the way) and should be listened to. I hope the last week of your taper is calm and worry-free. The weather sounds like it's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Scott. I'll listen to my wives. And go along with the one that makes the most sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with the rest of your taper Scott. Glad you caught the dehydration in time. Two days of no running during a taper is a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete