Monday, May 18, 2009

THE TARAHUMARA

No, not the boss's life story, but one you will relate to.



I downloaded the above onto my ipod the otherday and been listening to this book on my runs lately. Now I normally wouldn't recommend things to read as I don't know what I'm talking about, yes I know it has never stopped me from blogging about anything before. Still, I have to let you know about this book. Just listening, in parts, gets my heart and mind racing.

Fantastically entertaining and deep on many levels I'm sure everyone could get something out of it. I will be referring to this book for years to come. Do yourself a favor.

By the way, my University closed today for at least a week as there has been a sudden uptick in the cases of so called "Swine Flu" in the greater Kansai region. Don't worry, no dead people here yet, it is just a happy overreaction. Being the positive guy that I am, I'll take advantage of it to get some more some miles in and finish this book ;)

And if you're reading Robert Song, I got the DVD packed with your music mixes that you sent today. Great stuff! Really looking forward to going through these, thanks again mate.

2 comments:

  1. You have to love paranoia! But, as you say, the time off will benefit you.

    I'm in need of some inspiration in my running of late, so I think I might just go and search the book out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to do myself a favour but where's the link? OK, I'll google it!

    Should be a good one to alternate with The Tower of Song.

    ReplyDelete